The National Eligibility cum Entrance Test is conducted by the CBSE board for the admission of medical students in India. It is generally held in the first week of May.
The step by step procedure for applying for NEET using the NTA NEET official website is as follows:
Step 1– Click on “New User Registration” option on the NEET official website.
Step 2– Fill in all the respective fields such as Name, Contact, E-mail and more correctly.
Step 3– After filling this form, the aspirant will receive NEET candidate login details. This is the registration number and password which is required for logging in the portal for downloading the admit card and result. In case, the candidate doesn’t receive these details then they can contact the NTA official helpline.
Step 4– After receiving the candidate login details, next is to fill the application form for the exam. Candidates need to enter accurate details while filling the form.
Step 5– Uploading scanned signature and photograph:
There are certain criteria for the format of photo and signature. They should be in JPEG format. The photograph should be a passport size photo between 10kb to 100kb. Signature size should be 3kb to 20kb.
Important information for photograph and signature:
- Passport size photograph should be with white background
- Candidate’s name and date of photo taken must be there on the photo
- Photo must be taken on or after January in year you appear for the exam
- Computer generated, digitally edited, duplicated, Polaroid photograph will not be accepted.
- The signature must be clear in running handwriting. Just writing full name in the box will not be considered a signature and the application will be liable to rejection.
Once you have scanned photo and signature in the specified format then click on “Choose File” button and upload it.
Step 6– After uploading this scanned signature and photo, click on Next button and you will be directed to exam fees payment page. You can pay the fees by one of these modes – Credit card/debit card/net banking/UPI E-wallet.
Step 7– After completing all the above steps, the candidate must take a print of the following important documents for future reference:
- Proof of fees payment that is generated after the candidate pays the fees
- Three copies of the NEET online application confirmation page.