The Undeniable Pressure!
If you’re reading this post, then you must be someone (or know someone) who is in the middle of preparation for IIT JEE and constantly face the pressure of performing well at the exam duo that eventually shapes the course of your whole life. No doubt, preparation for IIT JEE is something that no aspiring engineering or architect can take lightly as it is the very first step into towards a career in the fields. These exams determine the kind of colleges that you get to spend the next couple of years that eventually lead to the kind of opportunities that come your way.
The Golden Opportunities
Not only does a good college name help you grow in your career with a great jumpstart of a placement, but it also nurtures your skills since the day you step into its campus. A good college helps you build a social network that takes you far in your life as a professional. It also exposes you to a variety of experiences in a healthy learning environment, the lessons of which stick with you for the rest of your life. So coming back to the present, how well are you prepared to begin the journey of cracking and preparing for IIT JEE exams and let good opportunities open its doors to you?
There are two kinds of students that I have often come across, ones who already know the importance of these preparations and how they reflect in the rest of your career; and two, who are still figuring things out. It is okay to fall into either of these categories as far as you are heading towards a path that you are comfortable with, as this is the most important factor that determines your preparedness for taking up the IIT JEE exams.
It isn’t that difficult to crack these exams if you are focused towards your goals and know how to juggle two years’ worth of syllabus as conveniently as possible. Considering that it is the month of October already, you have a year and a half to go before you appear for these exams, and if you haven’t tightened up your seat belts yet, please get on it already. Here are a couple of tips that you can incorporate in your preparation for IIT JEE, being a class 11th student:
- Know your syllabus in and out
- Make a schedule to cover your syllabus and stick to it as much as you can
- Avoid distractions that can hamper your study hours
- Take your time to understand new concepts and be thorough with them at once
- Ask as many doubts as you can possibly have, no question is silly
- Try giving mock test every weekend to analyze your level or preparations
- Identify your weak areas and work on them until you gain confidence
- Keep a track of your learning curve and take regular breaks to freshen up your mind
- Eat a nutritious diet, drink plenty of water and sleep at least 7 hours a day
- Ask for help in case you feel too pressured